Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Swimsuit!

First, some swim-spiration!
This style swimsuit, but with a Missoni flair!
Found from various websites and such...forgot to cite. I think we'll be okay.


Yay! So excited with how this came out! Even better was that the pattern fit perfectly...no adjustments. I used McCall's 5400. I got the fabric off Ebay, but Spandex World is pretty much the place to go for the swimsuit fabric like this.
Also, on the top, I put boning into the side seams to give it a little more structure. It was pretty easy; I just made a casing out of the lining seam and made sure to cut the boning shorter than necessary for the seam allowances and whatnot.
Perhaps you are also wondering why I have very low quality pictures of my new swimsuit sans moi. This is due to the fact that I had to send my lovely new Nikon camera in for repair because I spilled watermelon jui--I mean, the lens cover is not working and am now using my old crummy camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment