Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Look Book

Thanksgiving Break provided some ample crafting opportunities...finally! College life is so inhibiting to all the things I want to make!
I saw these cool book clutches on Kate Spade, but the price tag wasn't so appealing...


The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books, however hardcover copies are hard to come by. So I used another of my favorites, Harriet the Spy.
I bought an old copy off Amazon...

 ...and cut out the pages.
Next, I used Mod Podge to seal the jacket to the cover...

  I put wax paper over the newspaper so that the book wouldn't stick and get all ugly.

Then I sewed the inside purse part, and hot glued the frame along the top edge to the inside cover.






Ta Dah! These will probably be quite a few friends' Christmas gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment