Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Le Serger, L'Amour

The serger is my new favorite thing ever! And it was actually really easy to figure out...I guess I thought it would be harder which is why I never tried to use it. But actually a piece o' cake! Now I just want to serge EVERYTHING! Like everything. Can I serge my homework instead of stapling it? Can I serge cupcakes instead of baking them?

Mmhmm! I was in a knit buying frenzy a couple weeks ago and bought a bunch off Etsy. This fabric was one of my purchases! 

The pattern for this shirt was pretty much self drafted. Boat neck top, cuffed sleeve, curved hem.
 Some wild Michigan flamingos! (...that I bought my dad for Father's Day, named Fred and Fern).
Look at how the zig zags/chevrons match up on the sleeve...oooh...aaah...oooh...aaah...


2 comments:

  1. Popping over here from Kollabora and just spent the last 15 minutes reading your posts. I LOVE everything you have been making! Especially this adorable shirt! Can't wait to see what else you make!

    Trish
    http://minipip.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) That is so wonderful and encouraging to hear! Definitely just spent the last 15 minutes on yours as well, love it!

      Delete