Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blaze of Morning Glory

I've been on the hunt for a good blazer/jacket pattern, but it is so elusive! I feel like most are either too long or too boxy or too stuffy or too old or too...etc. Maybe I'm picky? I want something that can be casual and dressy and preppy and stylish all at the same time.

This pattern, McCall's 6711 came pretty close to what I wanted.
I liked it because it was only six pattern pieces...#lazysewing.
 I was a little disappointed by the sleeves. It seemed like in this case "easing" the sleeves really meant "gathering," so they turned out a little puffier than thought.
 I'm also not sure if I want to add buttons to it or not.



I'll admit it: I have an addiction to loud, colorful prints.

6 comments:

  1. I've got a print addiction too. This is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fabric you used! Your jacket looks WAY better than the pattern cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blazer is gorgeous! I think the loud print definitely increases its charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I was hoping for!

      Delete