Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Garden Party

 I made this shirt with a linen blend fabric from JoAnns, and Burda Style's long sleeve blouse pattern. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Next time I would make a few fit adjustments to the pattern. I'm sort of a "measure-once-cut-twice" kind of sewist...which works out well about 90% of the time.
I'm also the person who never uses interfacing, never makes a mock up and sews over her pins...SUE ME.
Button up shirts are so versatile! I'm starting to accumulate quite a few of them. (Coincidentally, I learned that a button up is different from a button down--a button down has buttons on the points of the collar.)





2 comments:

  1. Love it! I have been wearing more and more long sleeve shirts to help cover up my fair skin, and button ups are perfect! It looks very professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Button ups are seriously the bomb!

      Delete