Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dear Stella Party Perfect

 A few weeks ago, the lovely people at Kollabora contacted me about doing a project with Dear Stella fabric. This is what they sent me, and here's what I made!

I love how this fabric is like confetti polka dots! I felt like it needed to be the perfect party dress.

 I used a combination of Simplicity 2588 for the bodice, Simplicity 1873 for the skirt, and a little inspiration from The Party Dress Book by Mary Adams.
I made a crinoline for underneath, just to add a little extra volume. It was super easy! I just bought the crinoline netting, gathered it, and sewed it onto the bottom of a slip.

My favorite detail! If you look closely, you'll see a smattering of sequins along the bottom edge. I hand sewed gold sequins randomly for about 4-5 inches on the bottom hem. So time consuming, but so worth it!



I love how it turned out! Thanks to Kollabora and Dear Stella for the fun project!

5 comments:

  1. I love this dress! The fabric is so pretty and I love the crinoline peaking out from underneath. Can I ask where you bought the crinoline? I tried to buy some online but ended up with weird bridal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately the crinoline I got at a local fabric store...and they don't have a shoppable website :(

      Delete
  2. Such a fun dress, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is totally party-tastic! I love the extra sparkles around the hem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. INEEDTHISDRESSINMYLIFEOMGSOGORGIE!!!!!

    That dress is what dreams are made of, hunty! Yyyaaaaasssssss!

    ReplyDelete