Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Knit Knack

Knitting knitting bo bitting fee fi fo fitting, KNITTING! 

It has been an insanely long time since I've knitted. I usually prefer sewing since the gratification is more instant. When we were up north this summer though, we went to this tiny yarn shop near Torch Lake and I found this absolutely glorious yarn. The lime green and purple got me hook line and sinker (geddit, because it was near a lake...and fishing...).

However, in true Dana fashion, I neglected to check my gauge on this yarn and wound up with a scarf twice as long as intended and half as wide!

I knitted it in seed stitch on circular needles (I heart circular needles). Loving how the striping worked out!
Around...
And around...
And around and around [everybody's movin', everybody's groovin' baby]!

2 comments:

  1. Cute scarf! - I did start one over winter (coming into summer now down in Australia) but now my excuse not to finish is that the weather is way too hot - no more excuses next winter...
    Love your photoshoot as well - that tree behind you is glorious!

    ReplyDelete