Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Twinkle Twinkle Little Skirt

This is the skirt I made for my 20th birthday! After spending the day with family, I went out to dinner and ice skating with my friends. I love having my birthday near Christmas because there's no school!
The skirt is a self drafted pattern, based off this Burda Style skirt. Instead of spending the money, it was a pretty easy pattern to draft. Just a drop waist pleated skirt.
The waist/yoke section is just like an a-line skirt, only it stops at the hips. The pleats are 3" wide and 3" deep all the way around the bottom. So each pleat takes 9", so the calculation for how long to cut the panel is pretty simple.

Just measure the bottom of the yoke portion, and divide by 3 (this is how many pleats) and multiply by 9 (how much fabric each pleat takes) then add seam allowance. The length of the panel is 10".



Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this skirt. That fabric is killing me. Ugg so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The fabric is from JoAnn's, they probably still have it!

      Delete
  2. Look who's killin' it! I love the skirt soo much (that fabric is to die for and you styled it so well)! I can't wait to see what you're gonna wear to your 21st! ;)

    ReplyDelete