Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bralette

A challenge to myself for Winter Break this year was to take a shot at bra making. I didn't want to mess around with cups and wires and all that business, so the simpler the better. After seeing Madalynne's post I decided to try the Bambi pattern from Ohhh Lulu.

This pattern was great! After doing a mock up in some old fabric, the only modifications I made were to add about half an inch to both the top and bottom of the cup pieces.


It bothers me how the fabric doesn't match up with the bra back, so I'll have to edit the pattern for next time.
 I just used some quilting cotton, lace, and a package of picot edge lingerie elastic from JoAnn's.
 The straps were cut off of an old camisole.

Overall I am very pleased with the result! A quick and satisfying sew, especially when you're stuck inside from all the snow!

2 comments:

  1. Can't beat something that's fun and functional :) It is really cute. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete