Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

A Paisley Occasion

This was the dress I made to wear to my cousin's wedding at the beginning of the summer (Yay congratulations!). Although not typically a hateful person, the following is a list of things I hate:
  1. Paisley print
  2. Wide ruled notebooks
  3. Comic Sans font
  4. Misogyny
  5. Shoveling snow
This isn't really paisley? Right? Right? Okay fine. Despite a hatred for paisley, here I am wearing a paisley print dress that I actually really like! The gold foil is what really sold me.



 The bodice is Simplicity 1651, and the skirt is from Simplicity 2209. The top fabric is a lightweight, semi-sheer poly of some kind and the whole dress is lined in a turquoise/teal/jade colored satin.




For a little extra pizzazz I added this trim to the waist. I believe that it came from the Textile Discount Outlet in Chicago (if y'all haven't been, go--it's life changing).


Back to school next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment