Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

New School

Since fifth grade, I've always made a "First Day of School" outfit. Fifth grade was a pair of hot pink capri pants, sixth grade was a butterfly print tunic, eight grade was a fuchsia linen skirt, and so on. Naturally, Junior year of college is no different!

I bought this cut of fabric at Vogue Fabrics in Chicago last winter. My mom, my uncle, and the employee all thought the pattern looked like footprints and discouraged the purchase (mom and uncle, not the employee) but I knew it would look good! HA. The fabric is denim and velvet.


I used Vogue 1247 which was super quick and easy to sew, and required no fit adjustments. Sophie's sweet version inspired me to use this pattern.


The color of the denim is closest to the top picture, but this shows the pattern better.


This is neither the first nor the last time I will rave about skirts with pockets in them. Skirts with pockets are the best!


At this point, one of the other halls was playing Taylor Swift's new song very loudly...so naturally I had to dance. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate...


New semester, new skirt! Welcome back y'all. I'm a Resident Assistant this year, so I can't wait to share some of the projects I've been working on with my community!


1 comment:

  1. The pockets are so cute! And I didn't think of footprints before you mentioned it :D

    ReplyDelete